Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tangled

Hello readers, or people I hope will start reading this blog. For my first official and actual post, I decided to talk about a favourite movie of mine, Tangled.

Tangled is a movie that is telling the story of Rapunzel, and creates a new Disney princess for the little girls to obsess over. I actually love this movie a lot. It is heartwarming and really funny. I laughed, and cried at parts, even though I've seen this movie over 5 times. It was on TV the other day and my roommate and I decided to watch it, she really had to twist my arm, lol.

I love this movie for multiple reasons. Firstly, I love the male counterpart. Flynn Rider/ Eugene is an awesome character. He is not a stereotypical "Prince Charming" as he is a thief and a scoundrel, a wanted man. It is not a real surprise that I like him, as I have always been a fan of Robin Hood, and other "bad boys". Flynn is also full of one liners which constantly and consistently make me laugh. I also love how their romance can be seen to grow over time, and is not just instant like in movies such as Sleeping Beauty, or Snow White. For me this movie reminds me more of a romantic comedy rather than a traditional romance story, which makes me love it more. I also like Flynn because he actually does something to help Rapunzel, he doesn't just get a girl to be with him, she isn't placed in his lap (I rant more fully on this in my other Blog: http://listofblasphemy.blogspot.ca/2013/05/prince-charming.html

Rapunzel is also an amazing character. She is brave and interesting, even intelligent despite being locked up and separated from the world. She is adventurous and animated, and real. One of my favourite scenes from the movie is when she leaves the tower and you can see her revolving between feeling euphoric and guilty, which is how most people would feel. I think this scene in the movie shows her reality more than any other, more than any other princess, who often seem one dimensional.

The animals are also amazing. Maximus kind of reminds me of the raccoon from Pocahontas  whose name I cannot remember. He has crazy attitude even though he cannot speak. I just love these characters.

SO the characters make the movie awesome, but so does the animation. The animation in this movie is amazing, and really beautiful. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

So for Tangled, I'd five it 4.5 stars out of 5. A definite watch, and a really good feel good, happy movie, that I usually watch when I'm feeling down or stressed. It is just awesome. If you haven't seen it, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??? And you should remedy that as quickly as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, it is appreciated.

xoxox
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment